Student Office Assistant
The Office Assistant is a student member of the Housing and Residence Life team. This position maintains responsibility for working as part of the front desk operation. The OA positions are regarded as University representatives. Therefore, they should conduct themselves in an honest, conscientious, and professional manner. OAs are expected to maintain confidentiality and the integrity of the office.
· Provide positive and accurate interaction and guest relations to all residents and guests entering the office environment. Interact with individuals via telephone or in-person.
· Represent the department in public relations initiatives (giving housing tours, appearing at Orientation, answering questions, typing and preparing documents, design and create publicity and promotional documents, etc.). Promote campus housing to new and transfer students and guests.
· Administrative tasks include, but are not limited to, assist professional staff members in responding to student concerns, room assignments and application processes, process correspondence, answer and respond to telephone calls; use housing computer program/data base, assist with key management, assist with social media needs, distribute University announcements/publicity, maintain and file student records, complete basic financial transactions and process maintenance and custodial work orders.
· Process US mail, campus mail, and packages in accordance with department protocols
· Maintain inventory control of desk supplies and equipment; complete proper check out of University equipment
· Interact with and support the RAs, HDs, and others in completion of Residence Life operations. Assist with opening and closing operations as needed.
· Maintain and ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and security of the office
· Respond and assist with emergency response as needed
· Serve as a role model to other students. Be a resource to other students.
· Perform other duties as assigned