Experiential Education Specialist
Essential Job Functions
Did you have a life-changing college internship, campus employment experience or community-based learning course?
If so, you know the value of experiential education. If you are passionate about preparing college students to become civically-engaged professionals, have strong messaging and social media skills, value working with diverse colleagues and students and can develop relationships that lead to enhanced student success, the Experiential Education Specialist role at UW-Parkside could be for you.
- The Experiential Education Specialist coordinates and delivers career and civic development programming, resource materials, and/or advising to students.
- Educates students, alumni, and other stakeholders about internship, campus employment and community-based learning opportunities and maintains relationships to aid in effective career planning.
- Strives to create a welcoming, equitable, and inclusive work environment.
- Advises students individually or in groups about internships, community-based learning and campus employment
- Supports training for faculty and supervisors of experiential education opportunities
- Identifies and maintains a professional network of employers and community partners or other stakeholders to facilitate experiential education opportunities for students